PERMITS & CLEARANCES
Our office is your liaison with city and local governments, state agencies, a network of statewide contacts, local film offices and professional location scouts. Call us and we'll get you what you need or find the people who can help.
- IN NEW YORK CITY FILM PERMITS
Permits for filming in the 5 boroughs of New York City are issued by the New York City Mayors Office for Film, Theatre & Broadcasting. Info and sample permits are available online.
- STATE PROPERTIES IN NEW YORK CITY
Many public spaces and utilities in New York City are fully or partially under the direction of New York State agencies or authorities. Filming on state properties within the 5 boroughs may require a separate permit or contract with the presiding authority. For assistance with state properties call us at
212-803-2330 . Some examples would be:
- Metropolitan Transit Authority : Subways, buses, Metro North RR, Long Island RR, Grand Central Terminal, some bridges (Triborough, Throgs Neck, etc.), some tunnels (Brooklyn-Battery, Queens Midtown).
- Port Authority: Airports (JFK and LaGuardia), some tunnels (Holland and Lincoln), bridges (George Washington, Goethals, more), piers and waterfronts, Terminals (Port Authority, GWB Bus Terminals), PATH trains, more
- State Parks : Empire Fulton Ferry, Gantry, Riverbank, Roberto Clemente, more
- Real Property Authorities: Roosevelt Island, Governor's Island , Battery Park City, Queens West
- NYS Office of Court Administration: Courthouses and courtrooms
- Division of Military & Naval Affairs: Armories used for soundstages and many more…
- STATE PROPERTIES OUTSIDE NY CITY
No matter where you are filming in New York State, we are your liaison to state properties, departments and authorities, including:
- Department of Transportation: roads, highways, bridges
- Thruway Authority: NY State Thruway, Erie Canal
- Department of Corrections: Prisons
- State Police
- Department of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation: State parks and historic sites
- Department of Environmental Conservation: Reservoirs, dams, streams, campgrounds, Adirondack Park
- Department of Labor: Child Performer permits
- UPSTATE CITIES, TOWNS AND VILLAGES
New York State does not issue a film permit. When required, permits are locally administered across New York State . We can help with that process. Call us for reference to a regional film office, town hall or other local authority whenever filming in New York State outside New York City .
- OTHER GOVERNMENTAL AND PRIVATE
We have extensive contacts with various federal agencies (National Parks, Homeland Security, FAA, Postal Service, Amtrak, etc.), regional authorities, and public and private institutions (museums, hospitals, schools and colleges, etc.) in every part of the state. Call us for assistance
- CHILD PERFORMER PERMITS
www.labor.state.ny.us or 1-800-447-3992.
There are several important provisions in New York State law concerning the employment of children under the age of 18 as performers.
- New York State law now requires each child performer to have a valid Employment Permit for a Child Performer issued by the New York State Department of Labor.
- Fifteen percent (15%) of a child performer's earnings must be placed in a Child Performer Trust Account trust established by the parents/guardians for the child.
- Any employer seeking to hire a child performer is required to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility to Employ Child Performers (valid for three years) prior to employing any child performers.
- For more information and help with online permitting, go to www.labor.state.ny.us or call
Governor's Island in the New York Harbor is a hot New York location.
For Child Performer permits and information CLICK HERE or call 1-800-447-3992.